Saturday, April 4, 2015

Some cool digs...

Just as students need a learning environment that is flexible, efficient, comfortable, and learner based, so do teachers!  Whenever I have been doing an assignment for this class I have been trying to gauge it to my adult learners, the teachers that I grow and work with. So today, I am designing the perfect office/professional development space for myself, my fellow coaches, and our colleagues. 
I really envision a cafe feel....does that make sense? Some low tables and some high tables and some stand and work tables - all of which are easily moveable.  A combination of stools and chairs. A whole wall of white board for brainstorming. A bank of cubbies/cupboards for storing (let's face it....teachers have STUFF). A small kitchenette (coffee maker, microwave, refrigerator). A comfortable corner for collaborative meetings. A "Charging Station" for teachers who come to meetings with us. Because there will be five of us sharing the space, we will each need a work station, a spot to call our own. I think these could be teacher preference....some people like a table, some like a traditional "teacher" desk....flexibility and comfort are the keys here. In a perfect world I would have some funding for this, but this is an economically challenging time and I would rather spend our money on things that will benefit students in the classroom. I know that there are "leftovers" all over this district that my team could use and make their own. The main focus in my design will be the collaborative work space and the design is similar, but not identical, to my current room. I will have to rearrange some areas because there will be more of us, but I feel that with input from my new partners and creativity we can make it happen!


Orion



UNC - Charlotte


Continuing Education Center


Can you see it?  I am getting excited. It won't be this colorful or flashy, but it will be GREAT!!!!




1 comment:

  1. It WILL be great and I can't wait to come and sit on a comfy couch and charge my phone.

    ReplyDelete