Sunday, March 15, 2015

Instructional Coaching

This week I chose to focus on Instructional Coaching. I will be the new PLC Facilitator / Coach Coordinator next year for our district. We are fully implementing the idea of Instructional Coaches and I am beyond excited. Since we will all be fairly new to this model, I wanted a resource for us to gather and share information. I was surprised at how easy it was to find good information about coaching out there that really spoke to me and what I see us doing in our district. I created a Pinterest page that I will share with coaches and add to regularly. I think it will be an awesome resource!

I am trying to wrap my mind around my new position and I am apprehensive about being accepted into classrooms, so I wanted a quick video to show to teachers about what coaching IS....so they don't fear or avoid us. I found this amazing video that does a really good job of explaining what I feel coaching is.

Change is good and collaboration is empowering. I am really looking forward to moving forward with our teachers!

No comments:

Post a Comment